From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Juliet Jenkins
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 12:08
Subject: FW: Seminar for Irnes

------ Forwarded Message
From: Juliet Jenkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:51:48 +0100
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Seminar for Irnes

re seminar for Irnes members

Having received the email below, I would like to suggest a seminar for Inres members. The subject would be the work of the BioRegional Development Group and in particular the BedZed site. The latter is a housing development in south London that utilises green technology and puts into practice principles of environmental and social sustainability. The subjects involved are suitably interdisciplinary for Inres and a visit would be very stimulating and enjoyable. I am willing to do whatever organisation is necessary as I am aquainted with the founder of BioRegional, Pooran Desai. Please refer to their website: www.bioregional.com

Best wishes, Juliet Jenkins

Dear IRNES members

 The committee of IRNES has decided to  give 3-4 grants of about £300 to
£400 each  to individuals or groups that would put on an 'IRNES' style
event. These could consist of:
a) a one day seminar, with money for speakers expenses.
b) a weekend meeting in a Youth Hostel, with IRNES paying for food and
accomodation
c) a conference, money for speakers expenses, accomodation etc.
d) for production of publications, books, videos etc.
e) a party, visit or outing to a place of 'environmental' interest to
encourage interdisciplinary networking.

The criteria for these events would be :
a) interdisciplinary
b) for post doc and 'young/junior' researchers
c) to stimulate creative thinking and methods.
d) to encourage social networking.
e) fun!

If you would like to apply send your proposal (500 words max) and budget
to me. We would welcome proposals that involve co-funding. The first
grants will be considered at end of Feb 2003, and will be decided by a
vote of the IRNES committee. You are welcome to circulate this message to
other groups who may be interested.

For more info on IRNES (the Interdisciplinary Research Network for
Environment and Society) visit www.shu.ac.uk/irnes/index.htm

yours

Horace Herring
Chair IRNES