Dear Colleagues,

I am currently researching the Republic of Congo (Brazzaville) - Gabon land boundary, which does not appear to be delimited by any international agreements, but depends on rather general French colonial arrêtés, administrative practice, and confusing cartographic evidence.  I would welcome help with any of the following points.

In 1974, a Congo-Gabon Border Commission reportedly met in Pointe Noire, but I have been unable to find any decisions of the Commission or whether this Commission continues to function.  Any suggestions?  (Yes, I am trying the respective governments, but that may not produce much timely information.)

Different maps depict variations in the Congo-Gabon boundary.  For instance, a Gabon map from the French Division Géographique du Ministère des Affaires Étrangéres at the www.izf.net website depicts the boundary near Doussala, Ndendé and Banda (about 3º South) as undefined.  The Congo map at the same website shows no undefined sections.  Other research suggests that five portions of the boundary that are uncertain: (1) a portion along the upper reaches of the Djouab River; (2) the portion westward from Dienga to the Nyanga River; (3) the straight boundary segment between the Nyanga and the Ngounié Rivers; (4) the portion mentioned above, from the headwaters of the Loutsila Occidentale to the drainage divide between the Niari and Nyanga Rivers; and (5) the portion of the boundary from Bouggou to the Atlantic coast.  If anyone can suggest sources on these sections, I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks for any help!
Dan Dzurek