Sorry, Claire-Louise, my answer to all three is No! - good luck!
Regards
Glenys
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Middleton Claire-Louise
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 3:56 PM
Subject: FW: SHO Foundation Programme Year 2 & Self Assessment Tools

--------- Apologies for Cross-Posting------------------

Good Afternoon

I am wondering if anyone can help me.  I have been approached by a member of staff in our Trust regarding the pilot Foundation Programme for Senior House Officers which has been developed as part of the DoH's "Modernising Medical Careers".  My Trust is one of about 50, I understand, who are taking part in these pilot schemes and I have been asked to do library & information skills training sessions as part of this.

From what I understand, each of these pilot schemes can be run in a different way, depending on the Trust and I have been asked to to try to find out:-

a)  Has anyone else heard of this Foundation Programme
b)  Is anyone aware of their Trusts taking part in the pilot schemes
c)  Is anyone involved in library & information skills training in relation to the pilot scheme.

Also, in conjunction to this, I am looking for a self-assessment tool to allow measurement of the SHOs confidence and competence in relation to information search skills.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Claire-Louise

Claire-Louise Middleton
Training and Resource Development Librarian
Hereford Hospitals NHS Trust
Professional Development Centre Library
Tel:  01432 355 444  Ext:  5800

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee, you may neither copy nor use it nor disclose it to anyone else. If you have received it in error, please notify me immediately by return email and delete the message from your computer.