On behalf of HLG committee:

CILIP has an objective in this year's Corporate Plan 'to examine the feasibility of a bursary scheme for library staff from black and minority ethnic backgrounds, to enable them to study for professional or  paraprofessional qualifications, and to include mentoring and leadership training' (similar to the ALA's 'Spectrum' initiative- see http://www.ala.org/spectrum). This was discussed at the HLG committee meeting, and we decided it would be useful to hear any experience of current similar initiatives, views on how to implement this initiative successfully, or comments on the project, from the wider membership. CILIP acknowledges that a wide range of partners will be needed across sectors.

Replies are sought by Guy Daines at CILIP ([log in to unmask]), though of course can also be posted to this list for discussion. Guy can also supply more information.

Fiona McLean
Senior Library & Information Officer
CancerBACUP
3 Bath Place, Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3JR

Tel 020 7920 7241 Fax 020 7696 9002
Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://www.cancerbacup.org.uk/
Company Number: 2803321
Charity Registration No: 1019719

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed,and should be treated by the recipient accordingly. If you are not the intended recipient please notify me immediately.  You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.