FW: assessing dissertations

Hi,

many thanks to all who took much time in replying to my query re. dissertations. I really am grateful

At a meeting a few minutes ago we agreed the following:

Students will start early October and submit 10'000 words early May. They would have had research methods in the previous year where they write and are assessed on a 2500 word research proposal. In the final year, 20% of available marks will come from performance in tutorials with supervisor - of which they will be expected to have 10. Five of the best marks from these assessed tutorials will go forward to make-up the 20%. The submitted dissertation will be 60% and the student will submit a min 1500 reflective document on which they will be assessed 20%. This document will contain more than 'I should have used questionnaires', 'or increased my sample' (as this will of course be part of the actual dissertation) and will require a full reflective evaluation of their performance in and approach to research from the beginning of the final year.

We will see.

With many thanks

Andy Roberts