At 9:02 PM +0530 3/20/03, Santanu Kumar Bhowmik wrote:
>Dear All,
>Would anybody know reference of works, which described exsolutions of
>spinel in corundum in aluminous granulites and related rocks? Many thanks
>in advance.
>Best regards,
>Santanu Kumar Bhowmik

Santanu,

        I don't know if the corganites and corgaspinites described by
Mazzone and Haggerty possess exsolution textures, but the the
assemblage (garnetąspinelącorundum) and bulk composition sounds like
a match

The reference is

Mazzone, P. and Haggerty, S.E. (1989) Corganites and corgaspinites:
two new types of aluminous xenoliths form the Jagersfontein
kimberlite pipe. Kimberlites and Related Rocks, Part 2. Geological
Society of Australia Special Publication, 14, pp. 795-808.

Joe

Dr. Joseph Pyle
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - 110 8th St., Troy, NY 12180
phone: (518) 276-4899
fax: (518) 276-6680
email: [log in to unmask]
web page: http://www.rpi.edu/~pylej