AGU SPRING MEETING 2004

In 2004 the Spring Meeting will be a Joint Assembly of the AGU and the
Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU) that will be held in Montreal, Canada
during the second half of May [17-21 May 2004 (Monday-Friday)].  Planning
for this meeting has begun.

We need YOUR help in organizing interesting and timely special sessions for
the VGP section, particularly in Metamorphism, which is commonly only
thinly represented at AGU Meetings.

I urge you to consider contributing a proposal for a Special Session,
either at the Section, Inter-Section or Union level. You may submit your
suggestions to the AGU via me; it's normal to use a couple of co-convenors
and I need a short para describing the session in addition to a catchy title.

The deadline for proposals is September 30.

Mike Brown
VGP Spring Meeting Chair

Michael Brown
Professor of Geology
and Chair of Department

Department of Geology           [log in to unmask]
Geology Building                        http: www.geol.umd.edu
University of Maryland          Direct line: 301 405 4080
College Park                            Exec. asst.: 301 405 4065
MD 20742-4211                   Dept. office: 301 405 4082
USA                                     Direct fax: 301 314 7970
                                         Dept. fax: 301 314
9661

LABORATORY FOR CRUSTAL PETROLOGY (Information at:
http: www.geol.umd.edu/pages/faculty/BROWN/lcp.htm)