Education Intern Post

We at The Lowry are currently looking for an Education Intern - voluntary post (unpaid) in the Community & Education (C&E) Team at The Lowry.

Please pass on to anyone who may be interested in this opportunity.

Dates: 6-8 weeks including 13th October - 28th November.

Hours: flexible to cover a 5 day week:1 x  full time or 2 x part time. Choose from:
        2 days / week; 3 days / week; 5 days / week
9.30-5.30 daily in all cases, 1 hour lunch included

Responsible to: Projects Manager, Jane Dasilva

To apply:
After reading the details of the internship below, please
·       post, fax or email your CV to Sally Entwistle, The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays M50 3AZ; [log in to unmask] fax 0161 876 2021

·       with the name of a tutor / course-leader or employer who we can approach for a reference.
Deadline:  as soon as possible

Outline
This voluntary post is an opportunity to experience a genuine insight into an arts administration post, encompassing the interesting and wide-ranging variety of practical and arts admin/management tasks typical of an Education Assistant's post in many arts, tourism and community organisations.

The workload and atmosphere will be vibrant, varied, creative, organised, practical and administrative. Artistic ability is not necessary - however we will be able to make use of any artistic skills brought to the post. The Education Intern will aid and collaborate with the other 5 members of the team and a pool of freelance artists and teachers. The post-holder will be supported at all times by the C&E team.

For a job description, person specification and details of staff benefits.please email me off list at [log in to unmask] or contact me on 0161 876 2086.

Thanks
Katie Kennedy