Dear colleague,

Information needed for Events and Activities Programme, Diversity South East, October – December 2003

From October to December 2003 SEMLAC will be putting the spotlight on the excellent cultural diversity work of our region’s museums, libraries and archives.

Diversity South East will:

  • celebrate our culturally diverse region
  • profile the role that museums libraries and archives have in engaging all in decisions about their heritage and cultural services

As part of Diversity South East we are compiling a programme of the culturally diverse events and activities run by the South East’s museums, libraries and archives during the October – December period.

This information will be publicised on the SEMLAC Website, Resource website and in a leaflet that will be sent to all museums, libraries and archives and related organisations in the South East. It will also used for publicity in regional and national press releases and linked to other organisations such as the Arts Council South East, Arts & Business South East and BBC local radio.

If you would like to participate please send us information about your cultural diversity related events, activities, talks, seminars, training, exhibitions or projects. This can include existing any work that falls within the Diversity South East dates.

We will also be highlighting any core work and ongoing activities that you are doing in relation to cultural diversity, e.g.; community consultation, contemporary collecting, collections audits, research, strategy and policy development, involvement in schemes such as the Museums Association’s Diversify project or the Quality Leaders Project (QLP).

It’s not too late to take part.  You can still apply to SEMLAC’s Advocacy and Marketing Grants scheme for support in contributing to Diversity South East. Go to www.semlac.org.uk/funding.html for more details.

If you are planning to celebrate cultural diversity through Diversity South East and would like SEMLAC to publicise this information for you please provide us with the following details by 31st July 2003.

Organisation name:

Address:

Organisation type: Museum/Gallery/Library/Archive

Contact name for this event:

Contact telephone number:

Contact email:

Name/Title of the event/activity/exhibition:

Description of event/activity/exhibition (up to 50 words, please include booking information if appropriate):

Date(s) or timescale of event/activity/exhibition

Return by post, fax or email to:

Glynis Dear, Learning and Access Team Coordinator, South East Museum, Library & Archive Council (SEMLAC), 15 City Business Centre, Hyde Street, Winchester SO23 7TA

Email: [log in to unmask]; Fax: 01962 878439