Dear all
My colleague has written a précis of this important Dfes report. Please email me if you would like a copy.

Aiming High: Raising the Achievement

of Minority Ethnic Pupils

‘Aiming High’ is the title of a consultation document published in March 2003 by the Department for Education and Skills (DfES). It provides information on the relative achievement of pupils from different ethnic groups within the UK, summarising some of the key factors that impact on pupil attainment, and identifies strategies that the DfES, schools and other educational institutions, community organisations, and parents and carers can adopt to ensure that all pupils have access to challenging learning opportunities to help them achieve their full potential.

Sophie

Sophie Perkins
Head of Education and Access
London's Museums, Archives & Libraries