Hi

On 27 Nov 2003, at 15:34, Christian Kaufmann wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> from a pica with melodic I got the result files named below. I would
> like to denoise my data as described in the FSL course slides (btw
> thanks!) with melodic. I'm confused about the file
> "filtered_func_data.{img,hdr}" and the fact that melodic denoise gives
> me back 32 bit data although originally they are 16 bit.
> First (to be sure about this), are the "filtered_func_data.{img,hdr}"
> simply the data after prestats?

Yes, it's the functional data after motion correction and
spatial/temporal filtering (and any other pre-proc step that you've
specified)

> Second, why 32 bit (or did I miss something in the options ...)?

Melodic internally deals with doubles and writes 32 bit output (since
the melodic maps are Z scores)

> And third, is the denoising option based on the assumption that the
> components derived from pica are additive and are therefore subtracted
> from the original data?

Yes, it's a linear additive process and the filter step in melodic is
identical (modulo degree-of freedom issues) to using the melodic time
courses as regressors of no interest in FEAT (when orthogonalising the
rest of the design w.r.t melodic time courses)

hope this helps
christian

--
  Christian F. Beckmann