Hi - I assume you've run BET before running FAST. You are right, you may
need the -i option to increase the number of iterations. You might also
want to reduce the amount of smoothing of the bias field with the -l
option, and possibly also try the -2 2D option.

Good luck, Steve.

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Mark Pinsk wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have whole brain monkey 3D MPRAGE scans (0.5mm3) acquired with a surface
> coil.  The entire brain is covered, but of course there's a significant
> intensity change with distance from the coil.  Can I use FAST to output an
> image corrected for the intensity change?  I imagine I'd have to increase
> the number of iterations by quite a bit and tweak other parameters...any
> suggestions of what to set and play with if this is at all possible?
>
> thanks
> Mark

 Stephen M. Smith  MA DPhil CEng MIEE
 Associate Director, FMRIB and Analysis Research Coordinator

 Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
 John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 [log in to unmask]  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve