It should be good they spend millions on thesauri.

Cheers

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: The Forum for Information Standards in Heritage (FISH)
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lee, Edmund
Sent: 27 June 2003 14:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FISH] Health and Social Services thesaurus

Hello Clair,

Interesting coincidence as I've just been looking through the UK
e-Government metadata standard. This refers to the Medical Subject
Headings Thesaurus (MeSH) avialable online for browsing at
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/meshhome.html

This looks pretty comprehensive from a cursory inspection.

NB. no thesaurus is going to be 'Dublin Core' (DC) compliant. DC is a
simple metadata standard for describing books and book-like things
(archives, databases, web-pages etc). A thesaurus such as MeSH might be
used to create DC compliant records (e.g. to record the Subject of a
work on health services), but a thesaurus simply is a controlled
vocabulary that might be used in DC records, or in any number of other
contexts.

I've not come across the Help for Health project.

Best of luck,

Edmund