Video degrades for many reasons.

Hard viewing, be from the number of viewings or from the quality of the VCR. The numbers of times you see a tape have many influence over the state of the tape because of the loss on magnetisation and also if you don’t maintain your VCR very clean, all the dust will roll inside the tape.

Other killing for tapes are the storing conditions, be very careful with humidity, direct sun and dusty places.

If you have tapes of something that you think you’ll not get on DVD, you must take them and store them inside good plastic boxes and in a dry place, away from the sun.

Therefore, you must begin to think about giving up of those tapes. I’ve already put 300 VHS tapes on my garage.

Digital is finally here and we must make the leap, for many many reasons.

Nelson