Gurcan wrote:
... i saw ``Le temps de loup'' last week and it's not one of the world's important films. filming in france is killing haneke's talent and one day he'll realized that.

    It's fine that you have an opinion, but please back it up. If ``Le temps de loup'' is not (as I would argue it is for numerous and previously stated reasons) one of the world's most important films, then please argue why it isn't. (This practice of argument, by the way, is at the center of what philosophy and criticism share.) When you do, then we can have a discussion about the film's value and importance.
    As for filming in France ``killing Haneke's talent,'' this is a pretty serious claim that, again, has no provided argument to back it up. How is working in France exactly ``killing'' Haneke's cinema or talent? Is it one (talent) or the other (cinema) or both? Are his films shot mostly in France (starting with ``Code Inconnu'' and up to the present with ``Le temps'' and his work-in-progress starring Juliette Binoche and Daniel Auteuil) lesser in some way than his Austrian-shot films, from ``The Seventh Continent'' through to ``The Castle''? Do they mark a regression, a dying of an artistic flame? Where's the evidence for this? Not only do I see none, but just the opposite: Haneke is one of the few European filmmakers (Winterbottom shares this with him) who has been able to shift away from his home base and expand his vocabulary and range of concerns to include all of Europe. As had been Wenders' ambition for some time, Haneke appears to be taking on all of Europe as a central concern. He may dismiss this notion in recent interviews (the Oct. issue of Siught & Sound, for example), but it's dramatically in evidence in both ``Code Inconnu'' and `Le Temps.'' One could even extend it to ``La Pianiste'' with its combination of Austrian setting and music academy with French-speaking actors, thus universalizing the story beyond Vienna.
    I look forward to any arguments expanding on Gurcan's position.
Robert Koehler