'The Butcher' in Gaspar Noé's "Seul contre tous" and "carne". In terms of literature you can of course alway take a look at Michel Houllebecq...
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Film-Philosophy Salon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]På vegne af Claire Simmons
Sendt: 29. september 2003 17:22
Til: [log in to unmask]
Emne: Sympathetic Deviants

I am currently collecting research for an article I shall be writing about 'Sympathetic Deviants'. That is, when a spectator forms an allegiance or sympathises with a character who is immoral or 'perverse' when the norm would be to side against the character. My main example of such a character would be Bill Maplewood (played by Dylan Baker) in 'Happiness' (dir Todd Solondz, 1998).