Can anyone help direct me towards written theoretical texts on the subject of Indigenous cinema? I'm not wanting to focus on  ethnographic or anthropological documentaries though these may, of course, prove fruitful.

I've tried various databases using the following keywords in various combinations but found very little: indigenous, aboriginal, maori, inuit, native america, south america, central america

I am already aware of Marcia Langton's excellent 'Well, I heard it on the radio and I saw it on the television...' about Aboriginal filmmaking in Australia.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Jane Mills
Honorary Associate, The University of Sydney
Senior Research Associate, Australian Film, Television & Radio School

27 Dudley Street,
Bondi. NSW 2026
Tel: 9300 8836