If anyone has authoritative information on the Brown Bunny affair, I'd
love to hear it.  According to the version I heard, Gallo not only
apologised for his movie but declared that the final straw was the
glowing review given by Cahiers du cinema!  Of course, Gallo is famous
for his self-mythologising.  Re. the prosthetics of oral sex, I'm
reminded of the scene at the beginning of Buffalo 66 where the man at
the next urinal stares at Gallo's crotch and gasps 'It's just so big!'
Here's hoping for distribution of the Brown Bunny,
An unashamed Gallo enthusiast,

Douglas Morrey
Lecturer in French
School of Modern Languages
University of Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
Tel: +44 (0)191 2225054