--- Jonathan Allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am on the hunt for scenes - indeed entire movies -
> in which we
> watch someone reading a book. We must be staring
> *because* of the
> very fact that they are reading;

Hello,
the first film that comes to my mind is "In the mouth
of madness" by John Carpenter, in particular the scene
where the protagonist reads the horror authorīs books
for the first time and the borders between reality and
fiction start to fade.

One can easily make out the references to Stephen
King; and Misery - the heroine from the selftitled
novel / film might also be an interesting reader for
your study.

Best wishes,
Hans