I love Ross's philosophical inquiry about film-going habits.  I have
noticed a change in my behaviour between the early years of my
cinephilia and more recent times: I used to sit at the back, now I sit
at the front.  I think this reflects a change in my taste and
understanding of the cinema: where before I was more interested in the
Whole Picture (narrative, 'meaning', etc.), now I'm transfixed by little
details (light, faces, etc.)

Also, there was a time when I would sit through all of the end credits,
but I decided, following Woody Allen in Annie Hall, that that was rather
anal.  Speaking of which, does anybody have any other examples of
filmgoing habits addressed in films?

Douglas Morrey
Lecturer in French
School of Modern Languages
University of Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
Tel: +44 (0)191 2225054