What constitutes a good film? One that touches you, changes your perception in life, moves you to act in a way you never thought possible! It is similar to religion, or having a religious experience.

  So, are you saying that a good film is measured by the degree to which it evokes empathy within the viewer, altering certain previously held--perhaps "common sensical"-- views, ultimately motivating moral action, thus causing viewers to take a few steps in the direction of the ever-utopian ideal of social justice?  How blatant doe such a religious experience have to be?  Does the fact that someone can watch a film like _Natural Born Killers_ and realize that he or she has empathized with the villainous anti-heros, thus eventually recognize the common thread that links all people--even "normal" folks to "evil" folks--and ultimately become motivated toward social justice...does that make _Natural Born Killers_ a good film in the terms you have outlined?  I say yes.  However, I don't think the act of watching _Natural Born Killers_ measures up to the religious experience you allude to in _Billy Jack_.  The realization that one can feel so much for such awful characters is perhaps this "religious experience."  I don't know.  My point is, did you have such a film as NBK in mind when you answered your own question?  Just curious, and interested in the conversation you've started...whoever you are Work n Play Pictures.

  Rebecca