> Recently I caught a glimpse of the old Texas CM, which was just stupid.

Such an astute and nuanced response. </sarcasm> Your following comments
certainly did nothing to support your already reductive position on horror.

I'm not interested in a slinging match here as clearly we are going to get
nowhere particularly interesting considering your blind bias toward the genre
(assuming the only valuable elements/films within horror are those which
"transcend" it) but I wanted to at least be counted as another voice in support
of the value of horror (and I'm talking 'pure' horror, not 'thriller' diversions
which water down the viscerality and affect). That you could so solidly reject
such a large and (aesthetically, politically, culturally...) diverse genre in
spite of the body of theoretical work exploring its significance and import(as
diverse as this also is and well noted by another member of the list) is a
pretty clear signal that your preconceptions are unsusceptible to the influence
of debate.

And me being such a fervent fan and attendant scholar... ;)

Katy
<in defense of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', 'Halloween', 'Suspiria', 'The
Exorcist' and all other horror cinema which wakes me up and creates an artistic
and intellectual stir>