I just wanted to insert a note of surprise that people found _Kill Bill_ even
watchable. I can't remember being that bored at the movies, especially a movie
with this much action and a Yakuza homage to boot. I don't think I've ever
agreed with Demby in my life, but I'm forced to admit that Kill Bill is pretty
much a parable of autism. Once again, Tarantino contrives a non-linear
narrative, but someone just tell me why?   The narrative structure seems to
have no real point--it's not even remotely interesting. And as for the
characters, I can't say I found any of them really interesting or humanized,
with the exception of the first 2 minute of the film when a close-up of Uma
Thurman proves intriguing.

Finally, I have found a film as dull as Natural Born Killers...

Gregg Flaxman
University fo North Carolina, Chapel Hill