I think Godard makes several references to Vermeer in either _Le Mepris_ or _Pierrot Le Fou_, or perhaps both.  I have vague memories of a character reading excerpts from a book on Vermeer in one of those movies, but I am not in a place where I can verify that right now.

Jeff Longacre
Book Review Editor
James Joyce Quarterly
University of Tulsa