As an entirely ironic and jocular aside to the rigorous conversation prompted
by Adrian's query, at the end of When the Cat's Away there is a Portishead
track - Glory Box - playing as Chloe, the lovestruck heroine, skips down the
street full of the joys of spring. I presume the lyrics are relevant to
Chloe's subjectivity, but I still can't figure out what Beth Gibbons is
singing or what it's about! And the song's in English! And it's one of the
most enjoyable moments in the film! Shame on me! Do carry on...
Richard