One of my favourite films actually...and a considerable improvement on the
original which has a great idea but just doesn't know where to go with it
afterwards, while the Hollywood re-make (as opposed to the Australian
re-make COLOUR ME DEAD) has a script by Charles Edward Pogue that clearly
knows its Cornell Woolrich/David Goodis 40s noir literature (the protagonist
is re-named Cornell) and is much more successful in using the concept for
its own ends.

And in its opening and closing sections, it has the best recreation of 1940s
Hollywood black and white look in a modern colour film I have ever seen...

Sergio

Sergio Angelini

Library and Database Manager
British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street
London
W1T 3QJ
Tel: 020 7393 1506