I like to think of any film as philosophical. Lets say: subjectively insofar
as it is philosophical reflection; & objectively insofar as it is an object
of another subject's philosophical reflection. And to test/prove Nate's
point: here is a quick rating of a pretty (but on reflection not so) random
collection - the last 20 films/videos/DVDs I have seen (subjective and
objective indices shown, dates and directors omited). My takes on the
philosophical themes are in parenthesis. It is done quickly (therefore
clumsily , & mistakenly) - something that one really should not do when it
comes to the serious tasks of ratings, favourites etc.

THE PRINCESS AND THE WARRIOR  5, 5 (the death of metaphysics)
BRIGHTON ROCK  7, 7 (crime, holidays & philosophy of history)
THE PASSENGER  9, 7 (naturalist fantasias)
THE CIRCLE  8, 9 (relay plot)
CHICAGO 2, 10 (cinema and the philosophy of the dance musical)
THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE 6, 7 (Sontagian vs Rosenbaumian cinephilia)
THE QUIET AMERICAN 7, 8 (civility, good intentions, self-delusion)
BODY HEAT 3, 3 (the Double Indemnity genre)
BUT IM A CHEERLEADER  4, 8 (tendentiousness and comedy)
THE BIG SLEEP  7, 8 (the cars, the night and the philosophy of history)
ROXANNE  6, 7 (acrobatics, bildung, perfectability)
THE HOURS  3, 10 (biopics, & films for pop-literary culture)
BEAU TRAVAIL  9, 10 (free indirect style, envy, 'the handsome soldier,'
upkeep, dance)
THE HUSTLER  8, 8 (style & losing)
THE SONS ROOM  10, 10 (death, humour, the family)
SERENDIPITY  2, 8 (destiny vs repartee in romantic comedy)
UNEASY RIDERS  7, 10 (propriety, worthiness and social work)

and for comparison

MEMENTO  4, 3 (time mystified)
MATRIX  3, 1 (the death and resurrection of metaphysics)
FIGHT CLUB  3, 6 (ditto)
BLADE RUNNER 3, 0 (the postmodern canon)

Note that any film is an eligible object for philosophical reflection, so
the second 'objective' figures should all be 10. What I have given are my
subjective takes on these objects - something like my take on which are the
most interesting philosophical objects for me; or 'Would I like to write an
essay on this film?' Neither index  is a 'good film' rating or a favourite
rating. (Note: I could write an essay on why BLADE RUNNER rates 0 as an
object of interest)

Ross