Hi, Ross,

Regarding your cinephilia query, I highly recommend the final chapter of
Mary Ann Doane's _The Emergence of Cinematic Time_, particularly pages
226-232, in which she specifically and sophisticatedly explores the
subject.  I hope this helps.

Kristi

Ross Macleay wrote:
It is hardly a new phenomenon but I have read quite a few articles and
literary essays on bibliophilia lately - variously, predictably
nostalgic, elegaic, resigned, culturally panicked or worried about the
novel. It seems people mostly watch fiction and read non fiction. Apart
from one by David Foster Wallace, the pieces were not great
advertisements for literary culture. Nearly all use the banal argument
and treat cinephilia (and telephilia) as at best a love flawed by
addiction, banality and triviality. But I would like to read a more
thoughtful, less off the shelf critique, one that is self-critique for
cinephiles
Ross