>I would like to do some research into the field of 'female rites of
>passage' in films and would be very grateful for any pointers.  I am
>particularly interested in the action/adventure genre and to find out
>whether, from a psychoanalytical point of view, the individual journeys for
>the hero and the heroine are (and should be) so very different.

You might try Nicholas Roeg's _Walkabout_; though certainly not a
conventional action/adventure film, it has some elements of the genre.
 Plus, you see the intersection of an aboriginal males' rites of passage
with the coming to maturity of a young woman -- adding levels of
complexity to the heroine/hero contrast.  Bet it would be worth your time.

Nate

--
Nathan Andersen
Assistant Professor of Philosophy