I loved the movie, but there seemed to be a conflation of "movie stars"
with "hero" that was jarring.  The sudden appearance of a "star" (no matter how
worthy an actor) disrupted the narrative a great deal.  Who needs John
Travolta? And as much as I like Clooney, it was a clear misstep to put him in.

Andrew

Quoting "semioticsandcommunication.net teobaldelli.com"

> ... and it seems to me anyway that it
> appears to be a difficult path for US war movies to
> move away from the old-consumed patterns of the "hero" ...
> (as well as from the temptation to re-write history
> according to its own needs)
>
> isn't it?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Paolo