I must agree with Robert on CHICAGO. If it is a homage to Bob Fosse it is a dismal one.

One thing it lacks (like MOULIN ROUGE) is dance. Filming dance makes demands on editing that these films forgot. I saw  the opening scenes of TOP HAT the night after I saw CHICAGO - Fred singing and dancing Fancy Free. It was worth all of CHICAGO.   A week later SAATHIYA made CHICAGO utterly dull. And the sexuality in CHICAGO, it reminded me of David Foster Wallace's remark on watching girl baton-twirlers at the Illinois State Fair - he would have like to check the state criminal code.

Ross