It's been a while and I may be misremembering but weren't there two
characters in Hitchcock's _The Lady Vanishes_ who showed up somewhere else?
And do spinoff (which may be the former) characters count or does that
count as a sequel? I can't think of any at the moment but I know there have
been cases where a character made such an impression that they got their
own movie.

Best,
Reagan

At 06:23 AM 12/14/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Film-Philosophy Salon (with excuses for cross-posting)
>

>I am looking for examples of a character reappearing in a later film, played
>by the same actor, but where the later film is not a sequel. The only
>instance I know of is 'Bruno Forestier' played by Michel Subor in Claire
>Denis's 1998 Beau travail, reprising a role he played in J.-L. Godard's Le
>petit soldat (1960).
>
>Any comparable instances gratefully received.
>
>Thanks
>* * * * *** Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply'
>please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To
>leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
>[log in to unmask] If you have any questions about salon membership
>then email: [log in to unmask] ***

*
*
*
*
***

Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.

To leave, send the message: leave film-philosopy to: [log in to unmask]

***