I recently saw Tarantino's Kill Bill and was interested in discussing it. I am especially interested in the way that he seems to alternate between the objectification of his subjects and his humanization of them. Is he humanizing them at all? ( Or is Uma Thurman just a body hurling through space, killing everything in her path [well, almost everything]. Is the anime "backstory" for Lucy Liu's character a way to humanize her?)

Also, for some reason, the close-ups of Thurman's toes reminded me of the coffee cup in Two or Three Things I Know About Her.

Anyone's thoughts would be welcome.

Sarah Nichols

Do you Yahoo!?