From: "Shaw, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>

The American print journal _Film and Philosophy_ issues a call for papers on Ethical and Existential Themes in Cinema, a Special Interest Edition that will become Volume 8 of the journal.

Submissions are invited on how films can embody virtues or vices, moral stands or ethical dilemmas, as well as exploring such existential themes as guilt, death, angst, nihilism and the search for meaning. Discussions of films being subject to moral censure or censorship, and short book reviews (no more than 1500 words) are also welcome. Submissions should be in WORD and APA endnote format, and no more than 25 pages (approx. 7,000 words).

For more information, including a preview of Volume 7 (which is now available) see the editor's web site at:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dshaw

Submissions can be made by e-mail to me, Dan Shaw [log in to unmask] or by mail (including two paper copies and a disk) to my office  Rm. 412 Raub Hall, Lock Haven Univesity, Lock Haven PA 17745 USA

Deadline:  June 30, 2003