Kate,
Yeah I would definitely agree that it is men who are of marx and women
who are of coca cola. In regards to the dancing I think it was the women
who were in the club in that particular scene. Godard plays with the
sound. I think theres something critical going on in that scene in
regards to women and popular culture. The sound is really loud (music)
and I think its all out of sync and the women look like theyre moving
more to the music in their head then the music in the club. But, Ive
noticed other dance scenes in other french films where the kids dancing
look like they have no rhythm and they move in just a peculiar way. For
me it was just a really funny moment to see them dance. Or maybe its
french kids dancing to american or american style music? I would also
think about the dance scene in relation to the music recording scenes. I
havent seen My Life to Live but ill check it out and we can talk more.
James