Higher Education in Further Education:
Reclaiming the Future

Two Launch Conferences
Tuesday 1 April 2003
Grange City Hotel, Coopers Row, London EC3N

Wednesday 9 April 2003
Hilton Leeds City, Neville Street, Leeds, LS1

The Higher Education in Further Education Training and Support Programme
has now able to publish the fruits of our work about the provision of HE in
FE Colleges and to provide commentary on the issues involved, as well as
offering good practice advice for both senior managers and practitioners in
FE Colleges and HE Institutions.

This has involved considerable consultation and discussion with both FE
Colleges and HE Institutions as well as with the organisations that
represent their interests at regional and national levels.

Through two national conferences we will launch the materials produced by
the HE in FE Training and Support Programme.

The aims of each conference will be to:
· disseminate the good practice guidance materials produced by the HE
in FE Training and Support Programme. These will be available free to all
conference delegates
· provide an opportunity to celebrate HE provision in FE Colleges
· discuss the implications of the Government’s white paper in
relation to HE in FE
· contribute to HEFCE thinking on HE in FE in its strategic planning.

The conferences will also create the opportunity to advance our ideas to
support local networks for practitioners and to establish a dedicated web
site for HE in FE.

The events are free of charge and every delegate will receive a copy of the
good practice guidance materials.

These events will be of interest to HE managers, principals, assistant and
vice principals of FE Colleges, teaching and support staff in FE, teaching
and support staff in HE Institutions.

For further information and a booking form, please contact Katharine
Friedmann at NIACE
Tel: 0116 204 4291
Email: [log in to unmask]

Or visit our website at www.niace.org.uk/conferences