Dear All

Members of the LTSN network are beginning to look at the issue of race,
religion and belief in relation to learning and teaching.

I’ve been asked to get involved because of my links with HESDA and LTSN
Engineering.

I imagine that the sort of thing they have in mind might be somewhat similar
to the guide on working with students with disabilities produced by LTSN
Engineering. See...

http://www.ltsneng.ac.uk/er/dis/index.asp

Clearly we don't want to encourage any re-inventing of wheels, so this email
is to ask you...

1 Could you please tell me of any relevant resources on race, religion and
belief in relation to learning and teaching in HE?

2 Is this an area where you have any interest or expertise that might
contribute to the project?

3 What outputs - and in what form - would you find most useful?

I will co-ordinate reponses, in conjunction with my colleague Parin Hirji
(Loughborough's Equality Training Officer) and Carol Whitehouse (Manager of
LSTN Engineering), and (a) post the outcomes on the web and (b) feed them
into the LTSN discussion.

Do please feel free to forward this message to more appropriate colleagues,
or to contact Carol, Parin or me for further discussion.

Yours

Andy

---
Dr Andrew Wilson ILTM