I would very grateful for some advice regarding a student at my college who has enrolled on an 18 week long art class (2 hours per week). She has cerebral palsy, which causes frequent spasms and also affects her speech and mobility. She is also registered blind due to an eye condition, called cortical visual impairment, which is linked to the cerebral palsy. However, she can read if the print size is large enough (‘Arial’, point size 36 Bold). She will initially be using coloured pencils to produce her work, based on Native American Indian art. She has stated that many years ago, whilst at home, she held a pencil in her mouth to draw.

I would be very grateful for any advice regarding the suppliers of adapted art equipment which we could purchase for this student.

Many thanks

Jonathan White

Learner Services

South Cheshire College