January 22nd 2003 Andrew Smith announced the Government's intention to
publish a draft disability Bill later this year.

"Building on the real progress we have already made, and in line with our
Manifesto commitment, this draft Bill will significantly advance the rights
and opportunities of disabled people up and down the country. Publishing a
draft Bill will enable full examination of its provisions before its
Parliamentary passage begins.

"Among new measures we intend to include in the draft Bill are changes to
the Disability Discrimination Act affecting the public sector, transport and
premises and some widening of the definition of disability......."
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/2003/jan/csd2201-flying.htm

Best wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A.Draffan