I'm not sure what your friend means by 'DSA supplier' - perhaps a
consultant? Anyway, several of the pupils I have worked with have come to me
to help them spend their DSA money when they go on to university. It has
been up to the student and parents to decide what they spend the money on.
Maybe your friend's local council offer an advisroy service, but I don't
think they can insist on a supplier.

And if your friend is looking for a laptop for university, my advice is get
a Toshiba Satellite Pro, (not a Satellite), and never ever even think for a
fraction of an iota of second of going anywhere near a compaq or hp machine.

Adrian Farnsworth
Derby City Resource Officer for the Sight Impaired