-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Baxter, Chris
Sent: 25 June 2003 10:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: student confirmations

Here I am sitting on a nice sunny day signing invoice request forms and
pondering the question - how can we ensure students sign the
confirmation of support forms....and I thought maybe disforum dwellers
may have come up with some good wheezes?

Currently we provide and pay for support (notetakers etc) each week
through our payroll and claim the money back from the LEA's at the end
of each term, at the same time as preparing the invoices we also produce
a confirmation of support form which details the support the student has
had and asks them to sign to confirm. This is in addition to weekly
timesheets they sign for the noteakers to ensure we can pay them, but
they don't sign anything for interpreters.

It sounds like a good system doesn't it? But the fatal flaw, as ever, is
student co-operation, they simply cannot remember to sign the form and
send it back, does anyone else encounter this, and do they have any
hints for ways round the problem?

Of course not all students are un-cooperative (and few are deliberately
so) but with 50 students being supported we sometimes struggle.

Grateful for suggestions

Chris Baxter
0115 8486163 voice and text
0115 8484371 fax
http://www2.ntu.ac.uk/sss/disability/

This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private
or confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, you
must take no action on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please reply to
this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this
email which do not relate to the business of Nottingham Trent University
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the university.