The easier way is to remap to keys you find preferable. As a long-time user
of "Dragon" products I grew accustomed to using "F10" for mic on/off and
"F11" for correction. So with each new version my first task after training
is to go to Advanced/Options/Hot Keys to remap to my chosen keys.

The laptop user may prefer to do this, w/o choosing, of course, the
standard Windows HotKeys (F1 [Help], etc.) . I have always found F10 & F11
remappable.

Celia
At 11:38 17/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>On a lap top the numeric keys are mapped to keys on the right part
>of the querty keyboard.  The numeric and some other keys such as
>home and end can be accessed by holding down the FN key whilst
>pressing down the key required.
>
>Steve.
>

>On 17 Jan 2003, at 10:39, Botwright, Ken wrote:
>
> > When using DNSP with a Desktop PC the correction box can be opened by
> > pressing the minus sign on the numeric keypad and the microphone can be
> > turned on and off by pressing the plus sign on the numeric keypad.
> >
> > What keys can be used on a laptop to undertake these functions as there is
> > no numeric keypad on a laptop keyboard.
> > Regards
> > Ken Botwright
> > 01603 773549
>

>Steve Metcalfe
>Head of Disability Access Resources and Technology
>Director National Association of Disability Officers
>University of Lincoln
>
>Tel:     01522 886400
>Fax:     01522 886489
>Minicom: 01482 463571
>E-mail    [log in to unmask]

Regards,

Celia

Disability Co-ordinator, Equality & Diversity Department, King's College
London, 7.36 James Clerk Maxwell Building, 57 Waterloo Road, London SE1
8WA  Tel: 020 7848 3799   Fax: 020 7848 3490. This message may have been
typed, but on a typically bad RSI /WMSDs (Work related Musculoskeletal
Disorders) day it will have been produced using voice recognition software;
please ignore any dictation errors I failed to recognise and correct.

For appointments, please contact the Departmental
Secretary  ([log in to unmask]); 020 7848 3398.