Dear all,

This is the first time I've posted to this list, so please be gentle!  I
run a set of programs at the University of Birmingham which involve
students from various engineering schools taking business modules in a
major/minor format (ie major in engineering, minor in business).  They
are all new modules, and the program has been running for one year.  The
engineering schools have expressed an interest in seeing student
feedback from business school modules.  In the past (ie on older
programs which are being phased out), they have administered their own
module feedback questionnaire, alongside the business school
questionnaire.  This has meant students filling out two questionnaires,
and two sets of administrators coming into the classroom at two separate
times ie is wasteful of resources and basically inefficient.  In
addition, the business school has redesigned its questionnaire recently,
in line with best practice, and frankly, the engineering one is a bit
ropey (from the horses mouth btw), and they would rather see the results
from our questionnaire anyway.

In my view it would be better if all participating schools used the
results from the business school questionnaire.  However, I have a
feeling that I should gain the written consent of all of the lecturers
involved from a data-protection point of view.  I also have a feeling
that I should define the process of feedback dissemination, with named
individuals in other schools before I even approach individual
lecturers.

From (a) a legal and (b) a best practice point of view, what's the best
way to proceed with this?

Thanks in advance,