Would it be generically accurate to state:-

Where a request (using any exemption) is for a specifically focused personal
data item there is some legitimacy for a post(s) at a relevant authority
level within an organisation, considering the various factors involved,
making a determination about action;

Where a request (using any exemption) is for a full database, or information
about a large group of persons, there is little legitimacy in disclosing
without a court order?

The reasons behind this simplified personal summarisation are the several
discussions within the mail base in the past, which generally seemed to have
come to the conclusion that where large collections of data are requested, a
court order is necessary.  Notwithstanding other legislation, which in
itself would need to be DPA/HRA compliant.

Of course it is down to each organisations policy decisions to determine how
to respond to exemption requests, but there does seem to me to have been an
increasing sense of consensus.  Does anybody disagree?

Ian W