Dear Charles,

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

We've carried out a review of the personal sensitive data that we process - we do not process such that is related to ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation,  political or that which has to do with trade union (the only data here that we process is to pay an annual standing order payable to the respective trade union, and no data is passed on to third parties).

The only other sensitive personal data that we process has to do with doctor's sick leave certificates that are required to claim a reimbursement from the Social Services Dept. Otherwise there is no other processing that relates to employees' personal sensitive data. So this is why we are of the opinion that there is no need to obtain the explicit consent as what is collected is allowed/required by law and therefore the specific clause we mentioned tends to support our argument.

Kind Regards

J:)

Charles Christacopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues <[log in to unmask]>

01/12/2003 16:36
Please respond to Charles Christacopoulos