The Iterated Prisoners Dilemma Competition : Celebrating the 20th
Anniversary.

See http://www.prisoners-dilemma.com/

To pay tribute to the 20th anniversary of the Iterated Prisoners Dilemma
competitions organised by Robert Axelrod, we are planning a series of
updated competitions to celebrate this milestone. Importantly we aim to
provide the environment and data to allow researchers to conduct
investigations into the latest developments surrounding the iterated
prisoners dilemma. The competitions we are planning are:

1. Re-run the original experiment of Axelrod. We aim to see if a
tit-for-tat strategy still dominates or whether somebody can develop a
better strategy taking into account that there has been 20 years since
the original competition (for example, tit-for-2-tats was claimed to be
better than tit-for-tat). Due to the internet we hope to receive more
entries than was possible in 1984, thus giving us access to much more data.

2. Organise a competition that has noise in the data. That is, a signal
to cooperate or defect could be mis-executed.

3. Allow competitors to submit a strategy to an IPD that has more than
one player and more than one payoff, that is, multi player and multi-choice.

More details about the competition can be found at
http://www.prisoners-dilemma.com/.

We would welcome any feedback.

Please distribute this call to anybody who you think might be interested.

Organisers
=========

This competition is being jointly organised by Graham Kendall
(University of Nottingham, UK), Paul Darwen (Protagonist, Australia) and
Xin Yao (University of Birmingham, UK)

The competition is sponsored by the UK's largest research council
(EPSRC: Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)