Aleksandar Donev writes:
 > I have a function PointerFunc whose result is a pointer.
 >
 > The following:
 >
 > CALL MyProc(PointerFunc())
 >
 > seems to be illegal if the dummy to MyProc is INTENT(OUT).

This same identical question was asked on comp.lang.fortran
about 2 days ago, so it is on the top of my head.

See f95 interp 31..and notice that it has *NOT* passed, so
the answer in the current draft of the interp is not official.

 > Am I the only one which finds this silly.

No, you aren't.  That interp has been very controversial...which is
much of why it hasn't passed I'm sure.

Because the interp hasn't passed, there *IS* no definitive answer;
it is not yet clear whether this is legal or not.

--
Richard Maine                |  Good judgment comes from experience;
[log in to unmask]       |  experience comes from bad judgment.