Barbara and Vanessa,

Perhaps these are areas for Bb to develop, a search facility and offline working + synchronisation.

Jie

-----Original Message-----
From: Vanessa Quinn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 January 2003 16:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Replication and Indexing Capabilities using Blackboard

Hello There:

I'm wondering if you might have any experience regarding the ability to
use "Indexing" and also "Replication" Capabilities with blackboard.

We are currently using  5.5.0 - Build 129, level 1.
Is this integrated into a higher version of blackboard, if not is it
possible to integrate additional software that has this capability, (such
as Lotus Notes or any other software) with blackboard.

We are looking to see if it is possible to synchronise content on your
laptop with blackboard so all content amended/added since your last
downloaded content would automactically be copied over/updated on your
machine.

Also, an "index view" available to users so that they can see at a glance
what new content has been added where on blackboard, eliminating the need
to navigate to a multitude of locations to check if content has been added.

(Also a date and time stamp of files.)

If anyone has any suggestions or experience please let me know.  Many
thanks for all your help so far.

Best regards,

Vanessa