From: Andy Rock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 March 2003 14:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: VIRUS WARNING

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

-----Original Message-----
From: merv [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 March 2003 15:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: VIRUS WARNING

Dear  colleague,

I have just been advised by one of our E mail contacts that a virus infected
their address book which means my address book has also been infected. Since
you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will find it in your
address book too.
The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not deleted by Norton or McAfee anti-virus
systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It
is sent automatically by messenger and the address book, whether or not you
sent e mails to your contacts.

Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.

YOU MUST DO THIS

1 Go to Start. Find or search option

2 In the File Folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe

3 Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub-folders and any other drives
you may have.

4 Click "Find now"

5 The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT

6 Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and select Delete. It will go to the Recycle
Bin.

7 Empty your recycle bin.

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK,
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS

TO DO THIS

a Open new e mail message

b Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"

c Highlight every name and add to "BCC"

d Copy this message, enter subject paste to e mail

Sorry for the inconvenience