Julian,

I'm very interested in the bio-robotics workshop - can you tell me more
about who's organizing this (ONR/DARPA?) and what ar the requirements
(beside interest) for invitation? - i've got a background in theoretical
biology and currently involved (TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory)
with some projects related to "intelligent systems" including
"swarm"-robotics

regards

Thonie van Lieburg
TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory
+31(070)40233

J F V Vincent wrote:

> Two areas where I ask you to volunteer your sevices:
>
> 1.  A workshop on biological (=biomimetic) robots.  Run by the US Army
> office, so quite a large part of the expenses will be paid.  This will be by
> invitation only, run near Bath in later June 2004, so write to me and tell
> me why you should be included in the guest list!
>
> 2.  We are starting a new biomimetics journal, based in China.  Lots of
> money and expertise available.  Let me know if you'd like to be on the
> editorial board.
>
> With either of these it's not inevitable that you would be asked to come/
> join if you submit your detains, but if you don't contact me you stand no
> chance at all!!  Decision will be based on geographical distribution and the
> correct balance of skills and interests.
>
> Julian Vincent

The disclaimer that applies to e-mail from
TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory
can be found on: http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html